STEPHEN & MICHELLE SMALENBERGER, EA & CFP ®
Maybe you feel like you’re living paycheck to paycheck or that you’re just spending too much. Here’s some ways that you can get this under control.
- What am I spending today?
- Take your past credit card or bank account statements and add up your expenses for the month. The goal is that your expenses are less than your income. This may seem obvious but in the beginning this may be what you find about your spending. And this can be for people who are earning six figures and their expenses have just gotten out of control.
- Categorize expenses:
- Understand if an expense is fixed or one that you change month to month
- You may confirm your suspicions that you are overspending in certain categories
- Sometimes until you see it you can’t make changes
- Set Goals
- Start to decide how much you want to spend in categories and then make changes if you aren’t doing as you hoped you would.
This is a quick 3-step process to find out what you’re spending and make changes where you find they’re necessary!
Ready to find out more?
Contact us today for a free 30-minute consultation!
It’s tax season and everyone’s thinking of everything they need to get ready for their accountant. I want to help you prepare for your tax return with an easy system to remember all the things you need to pull together.
It's Thanksgiving time again and we wanted to record a fun way that you can get to know someone, to get to know something about us, or something you can do at your Thanksgiving with friends or family.
We are financial advisors in Deer Park and Barrington, IL. A team with a passion for helping others design a path to financial success — whatever success means for you. Each of our unique insights fit together to create broad expertise, complete roadmaps, and creative solutions. We have seen the power of having a financial plan, and adjusting that plan to life. The result? Freedom from worrying about the future so you can enjoy today.